January 8, 2014 CIRC Events
In This Issue
- ATTENDEE LIST for CIRC Luncheon on Wednesday
- Next Membership Luncheon - Wed., January 8 at Clarion Belle
- Continuing Education - Modules 5 and 3 on Jan. 8, Modules 7 and 6 on March 12
- Membership Renewal for CY 2014 now payable at $80 if you have renewed yet
Attendees: Jan. 8 Luncheon
ATTENDEES (as of Tuesday, 1/8):
- Jeremy Abelson - MidCoast Community Bank
- Joe Allen - Sonitrol Security of Delaware Valley
- Tim Anderson P.E. - Karins and Associates
- Dominic Balascio Esq. - Parkway Law, LLC
- Neeraj Batta P.E. - Batta Environmental
- Gary Betty - Deaton McCue and Company, Inc.
- Jeff Bierlein - PNC Real Estate
- John Birmingham - Cushman & Wakefield of Delaware
- Yasmin Bowman
- Todd Breck AIA, P.E. - Breckstone Architecture
- Chuck Brown MAI, CBA, CRS - Brown Appraisal Company
- Paul Bryant - SB Real Estate LLC
- Lee Burkey - Tangent Cable Systems, Inc.
- Steve Burnett - IFS - Insurance & Financial Services
- Carmen Calderaro - Collins Business Systems
- Adrienne Casale - Lang Development Group
- Joanne Clark - RFP Modular Services
- Joe Coco - Serenity One Source
- Patti Coco - Serenity One Source
- Tim Cole - Applied Bank
- Chelsea Collins P.E. - MacIntosh Engineering, Inc.
- Kim Connell - First State Elevator, Inc.
- Dave Cook - The Flynn Company
- Michael Cutrona - Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- Neal Dangello MCR - Newmark Grubb Knight Frank
- Donna Davies - M&T Bank
- Pete Davisson SIOR, CCIM - Jackson Cross Partners
- Brett DiClemente - Newmark Grubb Knight Frank
- Larry DiSabatino - DiSabatino Construction Company
- Steve Dobraniecki - NAI Emory Hill
- Janet Dougherty - Fulton Bank
- Emily Drake - NAI Emory Hill
- Vicki Duchene - New Castle County Chamber of Commerce
- Wills Elliman, SIOR - Newmark Grubb Knight Frank
- Greg Ellis CCIM - Patterson-Woods Commercial Properties
- Bruce Finnicum - Advanced Office Environments
- Blaise Fletcher - Jones Lang LaSalle
- Pat Forester - Sonitrol Security of Delaware Valley
- Mike Gallo - American Seaboard Exteriors
- Jack Giles - DSM Commercial Real Estate
- Adam Hamby - Sperry Van Ness
- Kevin Hansen P.G., LEED AP - Landmark Science & Engineering
- Becky Harrington - Coldwell Banker Commercial - Amato Associates
- Jed Hatfield - Colonial Parking, Inc.
- Dave Heaney - Healthcare Facilities Solutions, Inc.
- Scott Hecht - Alliance Environmental Systems, Inc.
- Doug Hershman Esq. - Bayard, P.A.
- Reggie Hill - Floor Covering Services & Consultants, Inc.
- Kimberly Hoffman Esq. - Morris James LLP
- Ed Jackson - Affinity Energy Management, LLC
- Steve Johns P.E. - VanDemark & Lynch, Inc.
- Leigh Johnstone - Johnstone & ILES, LLC
- Tim Jones Esq. - The Commonwealth Group
- Bruce Jones - PNC Real Estate
- Neil Kilian CCIM - NAI Emory Hill
- Janet Killian - Gemini Janitorial Services
- Dave Kramer - Bayshore Transportation
- Ralph Larson - DSM Commercial Real Estate
- Chris Lee CCIM - Pettinaro Management
- Dan Lesher - Patterson-Woods Commercial Properties
- Andrew Levin - M&T Bank
- Jeanine Losino - Regus
- Andy Lubin - University of Delaware
- Larry Maister - Brandywine Realty Trust
- Tom Mammarella Esq. - Gordon, Fournaris & Mammarella, P.A.
- Jim Manna - BrightFields, Inc.
- Rob McGarrigle - Stoltz Management
- Kevin McGonegal - Bellevue Realty Company
- Melinda McGuigan - EDiS Company
- Ryan McNiff - Verizon Business Solutions
- Susan Miller - Sales Solutions
- Dave Morrison CCIM - NAI Emory Hill
- Pam Motter - Advanced Office Environments, Inc
- Brad Mundy - Hopkins and Sons, Inc.
- John Newcomer, Jr. Esquire - Morris James LLP
- Jackie O'Connor - BRAVO! GROUP SERVICES
- Jim O'Hara, III - Chesapeake Insurance Advisors
- Mike Panhuise P.E. - Duffield Associates
- John Pastor - State of Delaware - International Trade and Development
- Duncan Patterson CCIM - Patterson-Woods Commercial Properties - Corfac Int'l.
- Brendan Patti - Sherwin Williams
- Steve Paxton - Indoor Air Solutions, Inc.
- Lex Petrillo - Long & Foster
- Janet Pippert - CIRC / Landmark Science & Engineering
- Margo Reign - Artisans Bank
- Jill Riley - Cooperson Associates
- Bert Root - Harvey Hanna & Associates
- Lou Rosenberg - Mitchell Associates, Inc.
- Denise Ross - Brandywine Realty Trust
- Marjorie Rothberg AIA - Marjorie Rothberg Architecture
- Susanne Sabatino - Interstate Commercial Maintenance Services Corp
- Tony Santoro - Sonitrol Security of Delaware Valley
- Brent Shaffer Esq. - Young Conaway Stargatt & Taylor, LLP
- Jeff Shahan - SB Real Estate LLC
- Lorraine Sheldon - Coldwell Banker Commercial - Amato Assoc.
- Kathi Silicato - Gunnip & Company LLP
- Rachel Skrabak - M&T Bank
- Michael Smith - Greater Newark Economic Development Council
- Steve Smith - Pettinaro Management
- Jerry Smith - Smith Realty Company
- Barry Snyder, Esq. - Snyder & Associates
- Alan Spiro - Diversified Properties, Inc.
- Robin Tait IIDA - Bernardon Haber Holloway
- Jim Tancredi - DSM Commercial Real Estate
- Andrew Tsaldaris - Guest
- Nick Tsaldaris - Guest
- Mike Vanderslice - Environmental Alliance, Inc.
- Jamie Vari - Jones Lang LaSalle
- Frank Vassallo, III - Fusco Management
- Frank Vassallo, IV - Fusco Enterprises, L.P.
- Paul Voss - Pettinaro Management
- Mike Webbere - GSM Roofing
- Jay White - Apex Realty Advisory
- Gordon Winegar - DSM Commercial Real Estate
- Robert Wittig - Diamond State Management, Inc.
Next Lunch Meeting January 8 (WED.)
The next CIRC Membership Luncheon is on Wednesday, January 8 at the Clarion Belle hotel. If you are not registered but wish to come, you will need to check in at the Registration Desk with Jill Riley, and see if space if available as a "walk in."
Our speaker, Michael Smith of the Greater Newark Economic Development Partnership, will talk about what the City of Newark and New Castle County Chamber of Commerce have created and what they are doing to bring new opportunities to the Greater Newark area that may benefit you. Also, he will tell you about an upcoming program entitled: Real Estate & the Creative Ecomony, Building Your Community for the Future on Thursday, January 23 from 8 to 12 noon (a tour of the STAR campus will follow. (If interested in this 1/23 non-CIRC-event, you can register through the New Castle County Chamber Here)
We will hear briefly from John Pastor, Director of International Trade for the State of Delaware about an exciting opportunity for Delaware...and the private sector is key to its success.
A buffet luncheon will be served with several selections to suit all tastes, and an assortment of desserts for those who haven't yet resolved not to eat sweets in the new year.
Cost $35/member; $45/non-member.
CY 2014 Membership Renewal Due Now
MEMBERSHIP DUES RENEWAL NOTICE
CIRC Membership Dues for the calendar year 2014 are $80, and are due and payable to "CIRC" on January 1, 2014 (with a grace period until January 31).
IMPORTANT TAX NOTE: (Provide this information to your accountant or tax preparer.)
Approximately 25% of membership dues is used by CIRC for lobbying activities.
These portions of dues are not deductible for federal tax purposes.
Methods of Dues Payment:
1) ONLINE: www.circdelaware.org (recommended for all members who need to update contact info)
- goto MEMBERSHIP/Renewal Form and log in
- (if you do not know your User Name and/or Password, contact Janet@circdelaware.org)
- Update your member contact information, press "Continue"
- Select payment by Credit Card or Check.
2) MAIL CHECK:
Payable to: CIRC, PO Box 1789, Wimington, DE 19899
MUST HAVE BEEN POSTMARKED BY 12/31/13 to take the $10 discount. You will incur an extra $10 billing if a discounted check is postmarked later than 12/31.
3) REQUEST INVOICE:
Request an invoice from Janet@circdelaware.org and an email invoice will be sent to you which allows credit card payment and your can remit by check.
Thank you in advance for your Membeship Renewal. Your membership is very important to us in our quest to bring you speakers of interest, continuing education, legislative representation and fun membership events.
Janet Pippert, CIRC Business Manager
Continuing Education - Jan. 8 and Mar. 12
Our series of real estate Continuing Education continues into 2014. We can talk Walk Ins for the 8:30 a.m. MOD. 5 class, but are CLOSED for the 1:30 MOD. 3 class.
Check to see if you need MODS. 6 and 7 and whether you are registered for our March 12, 2014 classes.
REMEMBER: if you still need Delaware Modules other than 3, 5, 6 or 7...you'll need to arrange for the directly from another real estate school / continuing education provider.
CIRC-sponsored classes will be held at the Clarion Hotel-The Belle in conjunction with our regularly scheduled January 8 and March 12 membership lunch meetings.
The schedule is shown below. Register online:
- January 8, 2014 - Delaware MODs 5 & 3 (Understanding Bankruptcy -8:30 A.M. & Contracts: Formation and Terms- 1:30 P.M.)
- March 12, 2014 - Delaware MODs 7 & 6 (R. E. Hot Buttons -8:30 A.M. & Charitable Giving in Real Estate - 1:30 P.M.)