March 12 Meeting Edition
In This Issue
Scroll down to see Attendees List and to read these articles:
- Last Chance to Register (Monday at 2 P.M.) for March 12 (WED.) CIRC Luncheon at Clarion Belle
Read About our Speaker: Eileen P. Fogarty, NCC General Manager, Land Use
- ATTENDEES LIST for the March 12 Meeting
- Cont. Ed. Events: March 12 - Module 7 (8:30 a.m.) and Module 6 (1:30 p.m)
- SAVE THE DATE - June 30 - for our Annual Golf Tourney at Hartefeld National
- Register for April 3 - "Place-Making" Economic Development Real Estate Symposium - Dover Downs Hotel
- Continuing Education Requirements by State
- Past Meeting Speaker's Presentations now available online
- Photos from CIRC's February Lunch Meeting
- Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Journal's Digital Edition & CIRC News
Last Chance to Register for March 12 (WED) Member Luncheon
Deadline to Register: 2 P.M. on Monday for our next Membership Luncheon (and no cancellations after 12 noon today):
Wednesday, March 12 - Clarion Belle - 11:30 a.m. to 1:25 p.m. (Menu posted online)
Keynote speaker: Eileen Fogarty, General Manager of the Land Use Department for New Castle County is responsible for land use, transportation, development review and all permitting & inspections. She is a nationally recognized land use expert who is known as a leader in creating sustainable communities and a proven agency turn-around specialist. Ms. Fogarty is a skilled coalition builder who has been successful in bringing communities and local governments together to approve over 100 major plans in east and west coast cities. Two of these plans have led to the development of 13 million square feet for a new urban Town Center in Alexandria, VA and Santa Monica CA’s vibrant new transit-focused ‘Downtown Gateway’.
Event details & Registration Form for this event can be found on our MEETING/EVENTS/Next Meeting page, or follow the link below:
ATTENDEES LIST - March 12 (WED.)
- Keynote Speaker: Eileen Fogarty - New Castle County Land Use - General Manager
- CIRC President: John Birmingham - Cushman & Wakefield of Delaware
- Mohamad Abdullah - Bank of America Practice Solutions
- Jeremy Abelson - MidCoast Community Bank
- Joe Allen - Sonitrol Security of Brandywine Valley
- Tim Anderson P.E. - Karins and Associates
- David Archer - DEDO New Castle County Representative
- Jim Baker P.E. - MacIntosh Engineering, Inc.
- Dominic Balascio Esq. - Parkway Law, LLC
- Rachel Beitler - M&T Bank
- Erich Bollman - SB Real Estate
- Todd Breck AIA, P.E. - Breckstone Architecture
- Tanya Breck - Tanya W. Breck Designs, Interior Design
- Steve Burnett - IFS - Insurance & Financial Services
- Carmen Calderaro - Collins Business Systems
- Mel Carlton - GSM Roofing
- Tom Cassel - The Commonwealth Group, Ltd.
- Joanne Clark - RFP Modular Services
- Patricia Coco - Serenity One Source
- Kim Connell - First State Elevator, Inc.
- Colleen Corrado - Corrado Construction Co.
- Michael Cutrona - Wells Fargo Bank N.A.
- Jon Czech - Emory Hill Real Estate Services
- Neal Dangello MCR - Newmark Grubb Knight Frank
- Donna Davies - M&T Bank
- Steve Davies P.E. - Apex Engineering Incorporated
- Pete Davisson SIOR, CCIM - Jackson Cross Partners
- Gary Dean - Facility Service Group
- David DePetris - Legend Properties, Inc.
- Kevin DiSabatino - DiSabatino Construction Co.
- Steve Dobraniecki - NAI Emory Hill
- Janet Dougherty - Fulton Bank, N.A.
- Wills Elliman, CCIM, SIOR - Newmark Grubb Knight Frank
- Greg Ellis CCIM - Patterson-Woods Commercial Properties
- Carmen Facciolo - NAI Emory Hill
- Bruce Finnicum - Advanced Office Environments
- Pat Forester - Sonitrol Security of Delaware Valley
- Jack Giles - DSM Commercial Real Estate
- Clay Greer, P.E. - Ten Bears Environmental
- Tom Hannagan
- Kevin Hansen P.G., LEED AP - Landmark Science & Engineering
- Becky Harrington - NAI Emory Hill
- Jed Hatfield - Colonial Parking, Inc.
- David Heaney - Healthcare Facilities Solutions
- Doug Hershman Esq. - Bayard, P.A.
- Herb Hirzel - City Window Cleaning, Inc.
- Sheri Hocknell - Elliott-Lewis
- Kimberly Hoffman, Esq. - Morris James
- Mike Janis - RCI Printing & Graphics
- Steve Johns, P.E. - VanDemark & Lynch
- Tim Jones Esq. - The Commonwealth Group
- Margie Kandra - Floor Covering Services & Consultants, Inc.
- Dave Kenney CCM, CTP - TD Bank
- Allison Kerwin - M&T Bank
- Hughlett Kirby - M&T Bank
- Ralph Larson - DSM Commercial Real Estate
- Charles Liggan - Sobieski Life Safety
- Rachel Lindeman - M&T Bank
- Rich Lober - Waste Master Solutions
- Roy Locker - Locker Construction
- Michael Lockwood - CMI Electric
- Jeanine Losino - Regus
- Bill Lower - Harvey, Hanna & Associates
- Andy Lubin - University of Delaware
- Larry Maister - Brandywine Realty Trust
- Tom Mammarella Esq. - Gordon, Fournaris & Mammarella, P.A.
- Jim Manna - BrightFields, Inc.
- Britt Mazzagatti - The Commonwealth Group, Ltd.
- Michael McConnell - McConnell Johnson Real Estate
- Kevin McGonegal - Bellevue Realty Company
- Melinda McGuigan, EDiS Company
- Carol McKennon - SB Real Estate LLC
- Ryan McNiff - Verizon Business Solutions
- Steve Montague - Capital Commercial Realty, LLC
- Ron Moore - Pennoni Associates
- Dave Morrison - NAI Emory Hill
- Pam Motter - Advanced Office Environments
- Bob Munkittrick - SB Real Estate, LLC
- Doug Nickel - Integra Realty Resources - Wilmington-DE
- Jim O'Hara, Jr. - NAI Emory Hill
- Michael Panhuise, P.E. - Duffield Associates, Inc.
- Mark Parker, P.E. - Becker Morgan Group, Inc.
- Steve Paxton - Indoor Air Solutions, Inc.
- Joe Piccirilli - TD Bank
- Janet Pippert - CIRC / Landmark Science & Engineering
- Buzz Quillen - H.H. Quillen & Company
- Kevin Quinn - The Commonwealth Group
- Ed Rasiul P.E., P.L.S. - Pennoni Associates
- Jill Riley - Cooperson Associates
- Don Robitzer - The Commonwealth Group
- Bert Root - Harvey Hanna & Associates
- Denise Ross - Brandywine Realty Trust
- Jamie Rostocki - Valuation Consulting Services
- Maureen Rozanski, NICARB - Buck Simpers Architect & Associates
- Keith Rudy, P.E., LEED AP - Landmark Science & Engineering
- Susanne Sabatino - Interstate Commercial Maintenance Services Corp
- Marvin Sachs - Bellevue Realty Company
- Brett Saddler - Claymont Renaissance Development Corp.
- Anthony Santoro - Sonitrol Security of Delaware Valley
- Jeff Sellers - Montgomery Brothers, Inc.
- Brent Shaffer Esq. - Young Conaway Stargatt & Taylor, LLP
- Lorraine Sheldon - NAI Emory Hill
- Kathi Silicato, CPA - Gunnip & Company
- Jerry Smith - Smith Realty Company
- Alan Spiro - Diversified Properties, Inc.
- Jim Tancredi - DSM Commercial Real Estate
- Harry Thomes - Jones Lang LaSalle
- James Vari - Jones Lang LaSalle
- Bill Wendling - Pennoni Associates
- Anna White - International Trade and Development
- Jay White - Apex Realty Advisory
- David Wilk - Sperry Van Ness
- Stephen Weick - Guest
- Robert Wittig - Diamond State Management, Inc.
Arrive Promptly at Continuing Ed Classes - March 12
Arrive Promptly for our next continuing education classes are on March 12 (at the Clarion Belle), on the same day as our next Member Lunch meeting. Please arrive with enough time to sign in and get some refreshments. Attendees may also register for lunch.
- 8:30 a.m. MOD. 7 - SOLD OUT (DE/PA/MD/NJ)
- 1:30 p.m. MOD. 6 - "Charitable Giving of Real Estate" has been approved for NJ 3.0 hours Elective Credits. (DE/PA/MD/NJ)
SAVE THE DATE - June 30 - for Hartefeld National
Think past the snow...think GOLF! CIRC's next Annual Golf Tournament will be held on Monday, June 30 at Hartefeld National.
Put June 30 on your calendar now, and stay tuned for exciting details, sponsorship opportunities, and registration information that will soon be forthcoming.
Bert Root and the Golf Committee look forward to another terrific event, on a newly revamped and exciting course. Just ask anyone who is a member and plays there!
Hartefeld National, Avondale, PA
April 3 - Place-Making Real Estate Symposium
April 3, 2014 - Real Estate Symposium - Place Making Economic Development and Corporate/University Real Estate's Connectivity to Social Value Creation (CIRC is a Promoting Sponsor...this is NOT a CIRC event)
CIRC-member Daivd Wilk's mission of creating innovative and value academic and professional programs for the community, has him excited to invite you to join him, Governor Markell, Delaware State University President Dr. Harry Williams, and DEDO Secretary Alan Levin for their next event in a Real Estate Symposium breakfast series on April 3 at Dover Howns Hotel from 8:00 a.m. to 12 noon.
David's firm, Sperry Van Ness, has created an exciting real estate value creation program (see attached) in partnership with Dr. Michael H. Casson, Jr., Director of Delaware State University’s Center for Economic Development and International Trade (UCEDIT), and Lindsay Thompson, Ph.D., of Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School, designed to be a catalyst for new economic development and jobs in Kent, Sussex, and New Castle Counties, Wicomico, Somerset, and Worcester Counties, the Eastern Shore and Delmarva Peninsula, and throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
David reports they have applied for 3 hours of Delaware continuing education credit for this program and will know before the event whether they have received approvals for real estate and appraisal licensees from the State of Delaware.
REGISTER through the link on the Save the Date Flyer, on their website link below, or contact him if you need personal assistance:
- David J. Wilk, CRE, MAI | National Chair | Corporate Real Estate & Advisory Services,
Sperry Van Ness and Corporate Valuation Advisors
Continuing Education Requirements BY STATE
We have attempted to share requirements for our nearby states, but do not guaranty accuracy. It is your responsibility to assess your own, individual licensing renewal requirements and deadlines.
Additional info may be found at State licensing and regulation websites, Boards of Realtors and on our course provider's website at www.frederickacademy.net/schedule.asp :
Delaware: 21 hours of required CORE courses, numbered Modules 1 to 7, inclusive. CORE Modules are required to be completed by all Brokers, Salesperson, Resident and Non-Resident licensees alike by April 30 of each even-numbered year. [Module numbers, not course titles, rule.]
Pennsylvania: 14 ELECTIVE hours due by May 31 each even-numbered year. [each class earns 3.5 credit hours toward PA licensing renewal)
Maryland: 3 Hours LEGISLATIVE, 3 Hours AGENCY, 1.5 Hours FAIR HOUSING, 7.5 Hours ELECTIVES (the only MD requirement that CIRC will not offer is the MARYLAND CODE OF ETHICS, which you can find online at FrederickAcademy.net). (Renewal time frames vary.) Note: Be sure your course provider is a "Maryland" school (Frederick Academy of Real Estate is a Maryland school). The Maryland Attorney General has formally rejected accepting C.E. credits on a reciprocal basis from other state schools.
New Jersey: 12 Hours total; 6 Hours must be in CORE Required classes, including at least 2 credit hours on ethics, and the remaining 6 Hours can be ELECTIVES. CIRC course offerings, beginning with our 10/9/13 classes, apply to the NJ Renewal Period requiring continuing education to be completed by 4/30/15 and each April 30 of uneven-years.
Meeting Presentations Available
February 12, 2014 meeting - David B. Hanson, CEO, Fulton Financial - Economic Forecast 2014 (click presentation)
January 8, 2014 meeting -John Pastor, State of Delaware International Trade - YIWU, China (click presentation)
Pictures from our February 12 Luncheon
Take a PEEK at the pictures posted for CIRC by Pat Forester and Joe Allen, of Sonitrol Security of Delaware Valley, our photo sponsor. What a glamorous bunch of members CIRC had at its last luncheon at the Clarion Belle! Take a PEEK by clicking here.
Shown above with our speaker, David B. Hanson of Fulton Financial Advisors, are two of his top, local commercial lenders for you to contact: (from left) Katie Kilkenson and Janet Dougherty.
Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Journal [digital version]
See the CIRC News page in the Front section (page 10A), along with other member news items in this February 12 edition of the Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Journal.