More CIRC News and May/June Events
In This Issue
- ATTENDEES LIST for May 14 Annual Meeting & Luncheon
- Welcome New CIRC Members
- Annual Meeting & Board Election on May 14 during Lunch
- Golf Outing in Full Swing ... thank you Sponsors...one and ALL!
- Golfer Status for June 30 4-Man Scramble at Hartefeld National
- NEW: Wilmington Business Leaders Network - World Cafe Live at The Queen - Register Now!
May 14 Annual Meeting & Luncheon
Please register now to join us for our next member event:
Wednesday, May 14, 2014 (11:30 to 1:30 p.m.)
Annual Meeting and Membership Luncheon
Clarion Hotel-The Belle
A. Richard Heffron, President of The Delaware State Chamber of Commerce will provide the keynote speech at CIRC's Annual Meeting on May 14. Rich Heffron has spent the past 22 years as the Senior Vice President for Govenmental Affairs, and has recently been elected to lead the Chamber as President.
A Luncheon Buffet will be served with two Entrees (Chicken Marsala with Wild Mushrooms AND Fresh Filet of Flounder with Lemon Burre Blanc). Refer to the Meeting/Event page for full menu:
Register online or send email to Janet@circdelaware.org
ATTENDEES LIST - May 14 (WED.)
Speaker: Richard Heffron - Delaware State Chamber of Commerce, President
Board Members Attending:
- John Birmingham - Cushman & Wakefield of Delaware (President)
- Bert Root, V - Harvey Hanna & Associates (Vice President)
- Katherine Silicato, CPA - Gunnip & Company LLP (Treasurer)
- Barry Snyder, Esq. - Snyder & Associates (Secretary)
- Greg Ellis, CCIM - Patterson-Woods Commercial Properties (Leg.Affairs Chair, Past President)
- Carmen Facciolo, Jr. - NAI Emory Hill
- Jim O'Hara, Jr. - NAI Emory Hill - Retail
- Jim Manna - BrightFields, Inc.(Membership Chair)
- Marvin Sachs - Bellevue Realty Co.
- Rachael Justice - Atapo Christiana
- Jeremy Abelson, Esq. - MidCoast Communty Bank
- Daniel Lesher - Patterson Woods Commecial
Ex-Officio Board Members Attending:
- Scott Kidner - C.S. Kidner & Associates (CIRC Lobbyist)
- David Archer - Delaware Economic Development Office
- Bob Chadwick - New Castle County Economic Development Council
- Janet Pippert - CIRC / Landmark Science & Engineering (CIRC Business Manager) /
- Jerry Alfano, Jr. - Wells Fargo Business Banking Group (non-member)
- Bud Amentt - Applied Bank (non-member)
- Tim Anderson, P.E. - Karins and Associates
- Jim Baker, P.E. - MacIntosh Engineering
- Neeraj Batta, P.E. - Batta Environmental
- John Bianco - VanDemark & Lynch (non-member)
- Jeff Bierlein - PNC Real Estate
- Mike Burcham, PLS - KCI Technologies, Inc. (prospective)
- Steve Burnett - IFS - Insurance & Financial Services
- Carmen Caldero - Collins Business Systems
- Mel Carlton - GSM Roofing
- Joe Coco - Serenity One Source
- Tim Cole - Parke Bank
- Colleen Corrado - Corrado Construction Co.
- Michael Cutrona - Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- Brittany Danahy - DSM Commercial Real Estate (non-member)
- Steve Davies, P.E. - Apex Engineering Incorporated
- Pete Davisson, SIOR, CCIM - Jackson Cross Partners
- Eugene DiPrinzio, Esq. - Young Conaway Stargatt & Taylor, LLP
- Larry DiSabatino - DiSabatino Construction Company
- Steve Dobraniecki - NAI Emory Hill
- Janet Dougherty - Fulton Bank
- Emily Drake - NAI Emory Hill
- Nathan Edmunds - Applied Bank
- Kevin Ford - Allied Barton Security Services (non-member)
- Pat Forester - Forester Communications & Sonitrol Security
- Clay Greer, P.E. - Ten Bears Environmental Associates
- Geoff Grosso, Esq. - Tarabicos Grosso, LLP
- Dave Heaney - Healthcare Facilities Solutions, Inc.
- Scott Hecht - Alliance Environmental
- Doug Hershman, Esq. - Bayard, P.A.
- Sheri Hocknell - Elliott-Lewis
- Ed Jackson - Affinity Energy Management
- Mike Janis - RCI Printing & Graphics
- Bruce Jones - PNC Real Estate
- Jeff Joseph - PNC Bank (non-member)
- Margie Kandra - Floor Covering Services and Consultants
- David Kenney - TD Bank
- Janet Killian - Gemini Janitorial Services
- Hughlett Kirby - M&T Bank
- Tom Kovach, Esq. - A.M. Saccullo Legal
- Dave Kramer - Bayshore Transportation
- Frank Lerro - Whiting Turner Contracting Co.
- Rich Lober - Waste Masters Solution
- Bill Lower - Harvey, Hanna & Associates
- Michele Malizia - Capano Management
- Mike Marinelli - Marinelli Construction (non-member)
- Rob McGarrigle - Stoltz Management
- Kevin McGonegal - Bellevue Realty Company
- Melinda McGuigan - EDiS Company
- Carol McKennon - SB Real Estate
- Ryan McNiff - Verizon
- Susan Miller - Sales Solutions
- Michael Mullen - ATT (New Member)
- William Mullen - Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. (non-member)
- Bob Munkittrick - SB Real Estate (New Member)
- Johanna Novack - Pantano Real Estate
- Michael Panhuise, P.E. - Duffield Associates
- Paul Pantano - Pantano Real Estate
- Mark Parker, P.E. - Becker Morgan Group
- Brendan Patti - Sherwin Williams
- Steve Paxton - Indoor Air Solutions
- Lex Petrillo - Long & Foster Real Estate
- Joe Piccirilli - TD Bank
- Christopher Reith, P.E. - Geo-Technology Associates
- Jill Riley - Cooperson Associates
- James Rostocki - Valuation Consulting Partners
- Marjorie Rothberg, AIA - Marjorie Rothberg Architecture
- Keith Rudy, P.E., LEED AP - Landmark Science & Engineering
- Brent Shaffer, Esq. - Young Conaway Stargatt & Taylor
- Lorraine Sheldon - NAI Emory Hill
- Rachel Skrabak - M&T Bank (non-member)
- Jerry Smith - Smith Realty Co.
- Steve Smith - Pettinaro Management
- Alan Spiro - Diversified Properties, Inc.
- Lou Stackeni - Applied Bank
- Rob Swinand - ATT (non-member)
- Ralph Tancredi - ATT (non-member)
- Mike Vanderslice - Environmental Alliance
- Paul Voss - Pettinaro Management
- Lisa Webb - Cecil County Government Economic Development
- Bill Wendling, Esq. - Pennoni Associates
- Dan Wham - DSM Commercial Real Estate (non-member)
- Anna White - State of Delaware, International Trade
- Jay White - Apex Realty Advisory
- Christopher Whitfield - Capital Commercial Realty
- Katie Wilkinson - Fulton Bank, N.A. (non-member)
- Brian Winand - Wilmot Modular (non-member)
- Matt Wittemann - M. S. Cumby (non-member)
Welcome to New CIRC Members
At the quarterly meeting of the Membership Committee, the following applicants were approved for new CIRC "Individual" Memberships: We look forward to welcoming:
- Arthur Lodge (Art), Applied Bank
- Michael Mullen (Mike), ATT
- Robert Munkittrick Jr. (Bob), SB Real Estate
- Joe Ruggieri, ARG Communications, Inc.
- Douglas L Whalen Jr. (Doug) Esq.,Wells Fargo
Once their membership dues have been received, their contact information and Profile will be available in our online Membership Search Directoy (searchable by any part of a First, Last, or Company Name or by Type of Business). Just log in to access this Membership Benefit.
For Non-members that are interested in joining CIRC, please begin by filling out our online Membership Application:
Annual Meeting and Board Election
CIRC Members and Directors of the Board are asked to attend the Annual Meeting and Board Election held in conjunction with our May 14 Membership Luncheon.
Directors hold a two-year term, half of the 14 members are up for renewal on alternating odd/even years.
The current slate of board members to be elected to a new, two year term beginning on July 1, 2014 include:
1. Barry Snyder, Esq.
2. Carmen Facciolo
3. Jim Manna
4. Don Robitzer
5. Marvin Sachs
6. Rachael Justice
7. Greg Ellis
The officers to be elected to a new, one-year terms include:
1. John Birmingham, President
2. Bert Root, Vice President
3. Barry Snyder, Esq., Secretary
4. Katherine Silicato, CPA, Treasurer
The current board members whose terms expire on 6/30/15 include:
1. John Birmingham
2. Bert Root
3. Katherine Silicato, CPA
4. Jim O'Hara, Jr.
5. Benjamin "Buddy" Berger, Esq.
6. Jeremy Abelson, Esq.
7. Dan Lesher
Golf Outing in Full Swing...Thanks to Prime Sponsors
- Waste Masters Solutions
- Groundwater & Environmental Services
- Geo-Technology Associates
- CapitalSource Bank
- SB Real Estate
- Fulton Bank
- Verizon Telecommunications
- Susquehanna Bank
- Sobieski Life Safety
- VanDemark & Lynch
- NAI Emory Hill
- MidCoast Community Bank
- Brandywine Elevator Company
Tee and Hole Sponsors
- Gemini Janitorial Services
- Augusta Grill / Clarion Hotel
- Greenhill Car Wash
Golfer Status - June 30 - Hartefeld National
Thank you golfers! We are currently taking names for a Waiting List only and are happy to do so if you are really bummed that you didn't get your money and registration in quickly enough.
Note, however, that many of the foursomes purchased by our members have not had golfers named yet. We will have a list of golf foursomes at the next lunch meeting on May 14 for your information and review.
What's the Secret to CIRC's Golf Success?
1. Delaware’s Premier Business/Real Estate Networking Event?
2. Delaware's Best Booze & Smooze?
3. Bert Root is the Best darn Golf Chair ever?
Wilmington Business Leaders Network
- June 5, 2014 - 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Topic: How Can We Attract 5,000 New Residents in 5 Years?
- Paul McConnell and Hal Real
- Mark Kleinschmidt, President : New Castle County Chamber
- Dennis P. Williams, Mayor : City of Wilmington (invited)
Wilmington Business Leaders Network is a New Castle County Chamber Initiative
Paul McConnell and Hal Real
& New Castle County Chamber President, Mark Kleinschmidt
INVITE YOU TO PARTICIPATE IN A CONVERSATION
Thursday, June 5, 2014 - World Café Live at the Queen - 8:00 am to Noon
Help Us Answer This Question:
HOW CAN WE ATTRACT 5,000 NEW RESIDENTS TO THE CITY OF WILMINGTON IN 5 YEARS?
Sound crazy? We don't think so. We need to think big about the future of Wilmington and we want to harness the collective wisdom of our real estate, development, business, political and community leaders to chart a path that will help our City achieve this goal.
This will not be a typical conference, workshop or seminar.
This will be a working session carefully designed to elicit the best ideas from every participant. By the end of the session, we will have a detailed list of action steps that need to be taken to promote policy, regulations and incentives designed to spur growth in the City and attract 5,000 new residents in 5 years.
To Register - use the REGISTER BUTTON on Event Listing on our "Upcoming Events" page: