December CIRC News & Events
Inside this Newsletter
- December 10 CIRC Holiday Luncheon - Last Chance to Register
- ATTENDEES LIST for Holiday Luncheon
- Who our Charitable Giving benefits this holiday season...
- 2015 Membership Dues Renewal...Pay by DECEMBER 31 and receive $10 discount (pay only $70)
- Joint Dinner Success and Thanks
- Continuing Education (1/14/15) - Register now & pay by Dec. 15 for discounted rates for Jan. 14, 2015 classes.
- Upcoming CIRC Events
- City of Wilmington's new Director of the Office of Economic Development - Jeff Flynn
Last Chance to Register for Dec. 10 Holiday Networking Lunch
Last Chance to Register - Wed., December 10, 2014 * 11:30 to 1:30 p.m. - University & Whist Club
Register now for CIRC's Annual Holiday Festivities and plan on having fun with some great, year-end networking! Join your CIRC business associates and friends. Bring a guest or prospective new member!
- Where Charitable Giving is always FUN!
- Food Bank of Delaware - BRING A FOOD ITEM and get a Free Door Prize Ticket
- 50-50 Cash Raffle - BRING CASH - Half will be donated to the Boys & Girls Club of Delaware so, share a little...and you'll be a BIG winner whether you win the cash prize or not! (1 for $5 / 3 for $10 / 10 for $20 / Armslength for $30)
- Housekeeping items:
- Valet Parking Service Availabel at front/main door.
- Pay Membership Dues ($10 discount to $70 for Renewals made by Dec. 31)
- January 14 Cont. Ed. Classes (DE Modules 2 and 3 + PA, MD, NJ). Pay now (by Dec. 15) and get the $10 discounted rate for members: $35/class. Registration and Details are on our Continuing Education webpage.
- Pay with ONE CHECK that covers Lunch-Dues-Cont. Ed ... if that is helpful.
- Cash Bar for Holiday Refreshments
- Salad: Fresh Mozzarella with Tomato & Roasted Peppers, Olive Oil & Balsamic
- Entree: Chicken Breast Provençale with Herbs, Olives, Garlic, Shallots and Tomato Ragout
- Dessert: NY Cheesecake with Rasberry Swirl
- Special dietary need (such as: vegetarian or gluten-free)? Please let Janet know in advance.
Holiday Prizes from One Member to Another!
- Parke Bank - Poinsettia Door Prizes - Thank you Tim!
- Premier Wine & Spirits - Baskets of Cheer - Wines and Craft Beers - Thank you Tom Hanna!
- First State Elevator - A Raffle Prize that is sure to rise to great heights! - Thank you Kim Connell!
- City Window Cleaning / Apex Pressure Washing - Harry's Gift Card ($50) - Thank you Herb Hirzel!
- DREW - Delaware Real Estate Women! - Bottles of Fine Wines - Thank you Lorraine Sheldon, DREW President!
- Hartefeld National - Golf Foursome for Hartefeld National - Thank you Bert Root, Golf Chair!
Holiday Lunch - ATTENDEES LIST
Attendees: as of 12/9/14 (a few seats remain available)
- Tom Adams - Pettinaro Management
- Jerry Alfano - Wells Fargo Business Banking
- Joe Allen - Sonitrol Security of Delaware Valley
- Dave Archer - Delaware Economic Development Office (Business Development Leader for New Castle County)
- Donna Bailey - Bentley Prince Street
- Neeraj Batta - Batta Environmental
- Rachel Beitler - M&T Bank
- Buddy Berger, Esq. - Berger Harris, LLC
- John Birmingham - Cushman & Wakefield of Delaware
- Todd Breck, AIA, P.E. - Breckstone Architecture
- Liza Brisbin - Dare Living Associates
- Paul Bryant, SIOR - SB Real Estate LLC
- Mike Burcham - KCI Technologies, Inc.
- Steve Burnett - IFS - Insurance & Financial Services
- Carmen Calderaro - Collins Business Systems
- Adrienne Casale - Lang Development Group
- Joanne Clark - Vanguard Modular Building Systems LLC
- Kim Connell - First State Elevator, Inc.
- Jon Czech - Emory Hill Real Estate Services
- Donna Davies - M&T Bank
- Pete Davisson, SIOR, CCIM - Jackson Cross Partners
- Larry DiSabatino - DiSabatino Construction Company
- Janet Dougherty - Fulton Bank
- Emily Drake - NAI Emory Hill
- Leslie Drake - Charles D. Cantera & Assoc.
- Nathan Edmunds - Applied Bank
- Pat Forester - Sonitrol Security of Delaware Valley
- Andy Fox - DSM Commercial Real Estate
- Bill Ganc - Ganc Commercial Real Estate
- Pat Gioffre - Gioffre Commercial Realty, LLC
- Michale Hahn - CapitalSource
- Becky Harrington - NAI Emory Hill
- Jed Hatfield - Colonial Parking, Inc.
- Dave Heaney - Healthcare Facilities Solutions, Inc.
- Scott Hecht - Alliance Environmental Systems, Inc.
- Jon Hickey - NAI Emory Hill
- Reggie Hill - Floor Covering Consultants &Services
- Herb Hirzel - City Window Cleaning, Inc.
- Phil Hough - WSFS Bank
- Ed Jackson - Affinity Energy Management, LLC
- Mike Janis - RCI - Printing & Reprographics
- Scott Jelinski - Waste Masters Solution
- Dan Johnson, Esq. - Young Conaway Stargatt & Taylor, LLP
- Rachael Justice - Atapco Christiana Inc.
- Dave Kenney, CCM, CTP - TD Bank
- Neil Kilian, SIOR, CCIM - NAI Emory Hill
- Janet Killian - Gemini Janitorial Services
- Hughlett Kirby - M&T Bank
- Hilary LaMotte Burke - Boys and Girls Club of Delaware (Charitable)
- James Landon - Morris James LLP
- Jeff Lang - Lang Development Group, LLC
- Chris Lee, CCIM - Pettinaro Management
- Dana LeSage - Berkshire Energy Partners
- Dan Lesher - Patterson-Woods Commercial Properties
- Charlie Liggan - Sobieski Life Safety
- Thomas Lloyd - ECS Mid-Atlantic, LLC
- Chris Locke - Lang Development Group, LLC
- Art Lodge - Applied Bank
- Jeanine Losino - REGUS
- Bill Lower - Harvey, Hanna & Associates
- Michele Malizia - Capano Management Company
- Tom Mammarella, Esq. - Gordon, Fournaris & Mammarella
- Jim Manna - BrightFields, Inc.
- Mike Marinelli - Marinelli Contracting
- Justin Masterson - Waste Masters Solution
- Alan Matas - Connections (Guest)
- Rob McGarrigle - Stoltz
- Carol McKennon -
- Paul Morrill - Committee of 100
- Jim O'Hara, Jr. - NAI Emory Hill - Retail Division
- Michael Panhuise, P.E. - Duffield Associates
- John Papili - DSM Commercial Real Estate
- Steve Paxton - Indoor Air Solutions, Inc.
- Lex Petrillo - Long & Foster Real Estate
- Joe Piccirilli - TD Bank
- Samantha Pilson - BDO USA, LLC
- Janet Pippert - CIRC / Landmark Science & Engineering
- Tim Plemmons - NAI Emory Hill
- Raquel Ramos - Dare Living Associates
- Brian Richards - Santander Bank
- Jill Riley, IIDC Assoc. - Cooperson Associates
- Don Robitzer - The Commonwealth Group
- Bert Root - Harvey Hanna & Associates
- Joe Rossi - Environmental Alliance, Inc.
- Mark Russo - VanDemark & Lynch, Inc.
- Tony Santoro - Sonitrol Security of Delaware Valley
- Jeff Shahan - SB Real Estate LLC
- Lorraine Sheldon - NAI Emory Hill
- Steve Smith - Pettinaro Management
- Barry Snyder, Esq. - Snyder & Associates, P.A.
- Keith Starace - CORT Furniture Rentals
- Robert Stenta - Pettinaro Management
- Jim Tancredi - DSM Commercial Real Estate
- Sarah Tompkins - DSM Commercial Real Estate
- Paul Voss - Pettinaro Management
- Tripp Way - DSM Commercial Real Estate
- Dan Wham - DSM Commercial Real Estate
- Anna White - Delaware - International Trade and Dev.
- Jay White - Apex Realty Advisory
- Gordon Winegar - DSM Commercial Real Estate
- Robert Wittig - Diamond State Management, Inc.
- Fred Wittig - Diamond State Management, Inc.
- Matt Youngs - Batta Environmental
Food Bank of Delaware
We will have our traditional holiday Non-perishable Food Collection Drive at our holiday luncheon at the University & Whist Club.
Each person who brings an item or items to share will receive a Door Prize Ticket to win Wine and Beer Baskets of Cheer donated by Premier Wine & Spirits, along with other Door Prize items yet to be named.
A 50-50 Cash Raffle will be held...half the winnings will go to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware, and half will be given as prizes.
Boys and Girls Clubs of Delaware
Did you know?
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware is the largest licensed provider of before and after school care in the state.
- They partner with 15 of the state’s school districts and nine charter schools to provide educational services and curriculum based learning to supplement what children are learning in the classroom.
- 42 Club sites are located throughout the state and currently serve more than 20,000 children per year
- Clubs provide quality programs focusing on tutoring and dropout prevention, drug and alcohol prevention, health and education enhancement, character development, and physical education.
- Last year 500,000 meals were served through their statewide free Meal Program
- 87cents of every dollar raised goes directly to services and programs for kids. Administrative costs are 50% lower than those of the average non-profit.
Donations from the CIRC luncheon will benefit the 2015 Annual Fund for Kids, our annual statewide campaign that addresses the most critical needs our youth face;
- Feeding Hungry Kids – through our free statewide food program we are ensuring that at least one of the meals our kids are offered is healthy and fulfilling
- Educational Success – through our tutoring and prevention programs we are having a measurable impact on preparing our youth for college or a career
- Families in Need – our scholarship programs help support those families that are unable to afford our program rates, ensuring no child is turned away
- Saving our Teens – our investment in Delaware’s teens offers a safe, engaging environment for them to learn, grow and have fun
The Annual Fund for Kids is designed to help our youth to participate in programs that will make a difference in their lives! Every dollar raised at our CIRC event will be matched by the Boys & Girls Clubs' Corporate Board, so your gift will actually be doubled!
CIRC Membership 2015 Dues
CIRC's membership dues are $80.00 annually, due as of January 1 each year, but a $10.00 discount is offered to renewing members "IF PAID BY DECEMBER 31."
Existing members may RENEW their membership for CY2015 online on our Membership Page (if you don't remember your User Name or Password, let Janet know and she can help you).
You may request an invoice, AND/OR you can bring payment to the December 10 Holiday Lunch...
ONE CHECK FOR EVERYTHING WILL DO.
Joint Dinner Fun and Sucess
Ho, ho, ho...Oh what fun we had at the Joint Dinner at Harry's Savoy this year! A crowd of 115 from CIRC, SIOR, CCIM and TriState RCA had a terrific time networking, enjoying Harry's delicious buffet and hearing from organization presidents and a keynote speech by Bill Hankowsky, President and CEO of Liberty Property Trust. It's always interesting to hear the inner thought and decision-making processes of one of the county's leading REITs.
Continuing Education - Starts January 14
Our CE classes - accredited for DE, PA, MD, and NJ begin on JANUARY 14, 2015.
Hurry and register for classes in January (Del. Modules 2 and 3).
Note that the 8:30 a.m. class is a Required NJ Ethics class that NJ licensees need by June of 2015 (this year).
Payments made 30 day PRIOR to class date will receive a $10 discount per class. So HURRY and register now!
Upcoming CIRC Events
The Program Committee lead by Don Robitzer of The Commonwealth Group, is always working hard for you. As upcoming speakers and events are firmed up, they are added to our list of Upcoming Events. Take a look from time to time to get us on your schedule by visiting our Meetings/Events/Upcoming Events page.
- January 14 (Wed) - Monthly luncheon (Incyte's Paula Swain) AND Continuing Education Classes (Mods. 2 and 3)
- February 11 (Wed) - Annual Economic Forecast Luncheon (The PNC Financial Services Group's Augustine Faucher, VP & Senior Macroeconomist)
- March 11 (Wed.) - Monthly luncheon AND Continuing Education Classes (Mods. 1 and 6)
Jeffrey C. Flynn, Director, Office of Economic Development
Congratulations to Jeff Flynn who has recently been promoted to Director of Economic Development at the City of Wilmington. We wish Jeff much success in this new role, and know that he is well prepared after working hard behind the scenes for so many years.
Take a look at his department's web page, or check out the Economic Development Strategic Action Plan by following the link below.