April CIRC News and Events
In This Newsletter Issue
- Attendees List for April 8 Luncheon
- Last Chance to Register for April 8 CIRC Luncheon
- Lunch & Learn: Hear about DEDO's ZoomProspector.com for getting your properties found - Register for Lunch now.
- CIRC Welcomes New Members
- Save the Date for CIRC Annual Golf Outing - June 29 (Mon.)
- Member Spotlight: Emily Drake, Miss Delaware United States 2015
- FYI - In Next Issue: Buccini/Pollin Group Slide Presentation from March luncheon
- FYI - PNC Economic Forecast Presentation materials
ATTENDEES LIST for April 8, 2015 Luncheon
Last Chance to Register - April 8 Membership Luncheon at The Belle
Dr. Peter A. Bailey, Wilmington University's Vice President of External Affairs will provide the keynote speech at CIRC's April 8 membership meeting. Dr. Bailey will provide an overview of University's past history and their plans for a new campus in the area of U.S. Rt. 202 and Beaver Valley Road in north Wilmington.
Meet Pete. Dr. Bailey is Vice President of External Affairs and Associate Professor for Wilmington University. In this role he oversees Public Relations, the University magazine, Government Relations, Military Affairs, Academic and Corporate Partnerships, new site development and community outreach and support. He has been with the university for 19 years and has seen it grow from 3,500 students to its current enrollment of 20,000 students. He began his career with the university as chair of the aviation program and has held various titles prior to his current position as Vice President. Dr. Bailey is a retired U.S. Air Force officer.
Another delectible buffet luncheon will be served with two entrees for your dining pleasure.
(if you have a dietary restriction, please notify Janet in advance to arrange)
REGISTER online using the form below (
NOTE: the online form has been repaired and should now work correctly. However, if you still have a problem and need assistance, let Janet know at firstname.lastname@example.org)
ATTENDEES List will be updated online periodically.
Lunch & Learn: DEDO's ZoomProspector.com
Jeff Lawrence, a Web Developer with DEDO, will be are our April 8 lunch and offer a few minute Tutorial on how you can best use their new web portal - ZoomProspector, to get your properties found! Don't miss this opportunity to see it firsthand. Register for the luncheon now!
Here is a message from Alan Levin:
Dear Friends -
Somewhere, a company is on the move, and the perfect location for that company is your available property. Yet the connection isn’t made, and the opportunity is lost.
Thanks to a new tool offered by the Delaware Economic Development Office, those missed opportunities will be a thing of the past.
The State of Delaware boasts an impressive number of high-quality commercial and industrial real estate properties. Some of these great sites sit vacant as I write this email. In a day and age where everyone everywhere is connected by the speed of light, this should not be the case.
With ZoomProspector, site selectors and potential investors from around the world will be able to navigate an interactive map that provides easy access to a comprehensive database of available properties. This ground-breaking economic development tool also provides information on Delaware’s labor market, demographics, infrastructure and more.
If you have a commercial or industrial real estate property in Delaware, you want to be accessed through this portal. It means free marketing, increased traffic, and an expanded number of leads that are both direct and well-informed. You can add your available properties today! To set up your free account, simply visit http://delaware.zoomprospector.com/, click the Add Properties icon, then click the Access Request icon. After inputting some basic information, an email will be sent to the Delaware Economic Development Office to approve your access. Within 72-hours you’ll receive access to the ZoomProspector site. Don’t delay - we plan to announce this site in mid-March.
Spring into action and enter your property today!
Alan B. Levin
Delaware Economic Development Office
CIRC Welcomes New Members
Please welcome our new members. You will soon find all of their Profiles listed in our online Membership/SEARCH DIRECTORY. (remember, you can search by any part of a First, Last, or Company Name or by Type of Business after you log in)
- Joy A. Barrist, Esquire is a partner with Benesch, Friedlander, Coplan & Aronoff LLP
- Joseph I. Borgia is a VP of commercial banking with Wells Fargo
- Brian Cannelongo is a commercial lender with Bryn Mawr Trust Corporation
- Christopher Duke, PE, PTOE is an associate with Becker Morgan Group, Inc.
- John J. Johnson, PLS is a principal at Karins and Associates, Inc.
- Stacey C. Kerr, is a brand outreach strategist at CFI - The Knoll Source
- Scott L. Matthews, Esq. is a real estate attorney at Tarabico Grosso, LLP
- Drew A. Romanic is an associate principal at Martin Architectural Group
- Ralph A. Rossi is S.V.P. of commercial operations at The Buccini/Pollin Group, Inc.
- Dev Sitaram, PE is president of Karins and Associates, Inc.
- Nathan E. Sorenson, RPA, is director of commercial property management with Sovereign Property Management
- Paul K. Wagner, SMR is sales manager for Servpro of Wilmington, Newark, Hockessin/Elsmere
- Stephen C. Weick is an advisor in corporate services with Sperry Van Ness
- Andrea Tinianow is director of Corporate & International Development at the Delaware Department of State
SAVE THE DATE FOR GOLF - June 29 - Hartefeld National
CIRC Annual Golf Outing - Monday, June 29, 2015 - Hartefeld National
Save the date, and be on the lookout for information to be sent shortly! We will phase the registrations to first include sponsorship packages, then for general registration. We have a strict cutoff of 120 golfers and will limit registration to CIRC members and their guests.
Member Spotlight: Emily Drake - Miss Delaware United States 2015
In Next Issue: Buccini/Pollin's Slide Presentation
Michael Hare, Senior VP of Development for The Buccini/Pollin Group has graciously provided his slide presentation to make available for those interested in his presentation who either weren't there for the March luncheon or would like to revisit some of the past, current and future projects the company has planned. Once we get the large file uploaded we'll make it available.
FYI - PNC Economic Forecast Presentation
WITH END TO GREAT DELEVERAGING, BETTER U.S. ECONOMIC GROWTH
Augustine "Gus" Faucher, Senior Economist with The PNC Financial Group, was well received by a large group of CIRC members and guests present at our February 11 Annual Economic Forecast luncheon. Gus was interesting and had graphics for his presentation. PNC's Bruce Jones arranged for the presentation slides to be made available, as well as the two handouts that were provided. You may download these documents below: