September *Updated* News & Event Registrations
In This Issue
- LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER September 14 Monthly Membership Luncheon
- Meet Jen Corbet at CIRC Registration
- Member Links Upgraded on the Web
- Continuing Ed Requirements - What You Need to Know
- Find us on Facebook
- CIRC Schedule of Events
- Other Events: Cocktails for a Cause 10.20.16
- EVENT ADDED Dick Christopher, 2016 Citizen of the Year 10.11.16
- Thank you CIRC Sponsors
LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER for our Wed., September 14 "Back to School" CIRC Membership Luncheon at The Belle (11:30 to 1:30)
We will hear from Robert Perkins, Executive Director of the Delaware Business Roundtable, a coalition of CEO’s from some of Delaware's most influential private-sector companies. The Roundtable is dedicated to driving economic growth in Delaware. (See Bob Perkins' Bio for more about our speaker.)
Prospective New Members - please try and arrive early (between 11:00 and 11:30) if you would like to meet with some of our Membership Committee Members who will be on hand to talk with you about the organization and what you can expect from your membership.
Please welcome Jen Corbett when you meet her at our Registration Desk at the September 14 luncheon. Jen has agreed to take over the dispensing of name badges and registration duties from Emily Drake who previously held the post. Jen is a new member with CIRC, and is a licensend real estate agent and administrator at SB Real Estate.
We appreciate other members of the registration team, such as Jill Riley of Contract Environments and Kim Connell of First State Elevator.
WE RECYCLE NAME BADGES. Please remember to return your badge when you leave. Thank you.
A recent upgrade has been made to the Member Links portion of our website.
If your website's URL is included in the web address field of your Member Profile, your Company Name with a hyperlink to your website will appear under the associated Business Type Categories you have checked. You can make updates to your Profile upon logging in to www.circdelaware.org.
We have updated information about continuing education requirements by state on our Continuing Education webpage. Instruction for CIRC-sponsored classes will be provided by Frederick Academy of Real Estate. Once we open the registration, you will be informed, and we suggest that Members quickly sign up, as we expect classes to be in high demand during this renewal cycle.
SAVE THE DATE of Feb. 8, 2017 - our first classes - everyone with a license in PA, MD, NJ, and DE will want to take one or both Agency classes. These classes are all Required classes, and are timely for NJ license renewals.
- The State of Delaware requires a total of 21 hours in Continuing Education courses, which includes seven 3-hour CORE MODULES, numbered 1 to 7. All Delaware courses must be taken from a Delaware-approved School. (Resident and Non-Resident license renewals due April 30 of "even" years)
- The State of Maryland requires 15 hours for all licensees, including lawyers and college grads with RE degrees. Of the 15 hours, all Associate Broker or Salesperson licensees must take 10.5 hours as REQUIRED courses, including: 3-hours MD Code of Ethics, 3-hours Legislative, 3-hours Agency-Commercial (REQUIRED for all commercial people, with or without the “Commercial” Designation), and 1.5 hours of Fairhousing (required by any agent without the Commercial Designation). The balance are Elective courses. The Maryland Broker licensees need to add 3.0 hours in Broker Supervision into the REQUIRED mix, leaving them with a balance of only 1.5 Elective hours. All Maryland courses must be taken from a Maryland-approved School.
- The State of Pennsylvania requires 14 hours of Continuing Education, which 3 credit hours be in REQUIRED Agency topic, the balance are electives. No student may take more than 7 hours of education in a given day. All Pennsylvania courses must be taken from a Pennsylvania-approved School. (Renewals due May 31 of "even" years)
- The State of New Jersey requires 12 credit hours, of which 6 are REQUIRED and 6 are electives, with a minimum of 2 hours REQUIRED Ethics. All New Jersey courses must be taken from a New Jersey-approved School. (CE Deadline is April 30 prior to the June 30 renewal in "odd" years. Failure to comply results in a $200 late CE fee.)
- Online CE Courses – Online CE courses are taken on a state-by-state basis. There is NO cross-over, state-to-state credits for any online courses.
You can now find CIRC - Commercial Industrial Realty Council on Facebook:
Golf Foursome photos from our 27 June 2016 golf outing at Hartefeld National have been posted.
We can all thank Anthony Santoro of DiamondState Photography for the handsomely-framed foursome photos available at the golf awards dinner, as well as Pat Forester and Sonitrol Security of Delaware Valley for other event photos, and will see if we can get start posting these photos too.
September 14 (Wed.) - Monthly Luncheon from 11:30-1:30 at The Belle
- Board of Directors Meeting at 10:30
October 12 (Wed.) - Monthly Luncheon from 11:30-1:30 at The Belle
November 17 (Thurs.) - Annual TriState Joint Dinner from 5:15-8:30 at Harry's
December 14 (Wed.) - Annual Holiday Luncheon from 11:30-1:30 at Univsity & Whist Club
- Board of Directors Meeting at 10:30
January 11 (Wed.) - Monthly Luncheon from 11:30-1:30 at The Belle
February 8 (Wed.) 2017 - Monthly Luncheon from 11:30-1:30 at The Belle
- Continuing Education - 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. (Two Agency courses - you will need one or both)
Cocktails for a Cause! (What more do you need to know?)
Harry's Savoy - October 20, 2016 - 6 PM to 9 PM
The fundraiser will benefit the Greater Wilmington Boys & Girls Club, and should be a fun time... with Fabulous Food, Cocktails, and Auction.
Purchase tickets online
Get up-to-date Event Info on Facebook
Or Contact Dawn O'Neill (firstname.lastname@example.org)- with questions or to donate a Raffle / Silent Auction item.
The Del-Mar-Va Council, Boy Scouts of America, will be honoring Dick Christopher, retired President and CEO of Patterson Woods & Associates, Inc. as the 2016 Citizen of the Year. Dick's Award Ceremony will occur on October 11 at 6:00 PM at the Chase Center in Wilmington.
If you would like to attend the event and support Dick Christopher, here is registration information and contacts:
For Registration & Information - Click Here