Register for CIRC Events to be held in the New Year
LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER for Next Luncheon on Wed. January 11
Register NOW for our next, and 1st monthly membership luncheon for the new year on Wednesday, January 11 - back at The Belle. We will hear from members of the Delaware Sustainable Energy Utility on matters that we think will be of interest to the commercial and industrial real estate community - especially owners and property managers.
SPEAKERS: Tony DePrima, Executive Director of the Delaware Sustainable Energy Utility will be discussing a variety of energy efficiency and renewable energy incentive programs for commercial and industrial properties, including the Energize Delaware Low Interest Loan Fund and how it interfaces with the State’s Energy Efficiency Investment Fund Grants, as well as available Geo & Solar Thermal Grants. Tony will also provide an update on proposed Delaware VACE (Voluntary Assessed Clean Energy) legislation that can bring new financing opportunities to commercial and industrial properties. Roger Campbell, who represents the DESEU primarily in New Castle County, will also be on hand to answer questions about the programs.
- Luncheon Buffet includes:
- Mixed Green Salad
- Roast Sirloin with Red Wine Demi
- Grilled Chicken New Orleans with Andouille Sausage
- Rice Pilaf - and - Vegetable Medley
- Assorted Rolls - Ice Tea/Water
- Assorted Desserts & Coffee/Tea Station
COST: Members $35 / Non-members $45
REGISTER ONLINE or click this link to get more information:
Membership Renewal Now Due in Full
2017 Membership Renewal of $80 is now due and payable by January 31 - if you are unsure if you or someone in your office took care of this, please contact Janet by email at: Janet@circdelaware.org and she can verify that with you and help you with your Account Login or provide an Invoice.
You can renew online at MEMBERSHIP/Renewal Form at www.circdelaware.org/renewal/
OR, you can request an invoice that can be paid by credit card or by mail (email Janet@circdelaware.org)
As of February 1, if your dues are not paid, you will responsible for paying the NON-MEMBER RATE which is $10 higher.
Register by Jan 11 for Discounts on Feb. 8 Continuing Education Classes
CIRC-hosted Contining Education program begins on Wed., February 8 at the Clarion Belle. We will provide a full rotation of Delaware Modules 1-7 between Febrary 8 and October 11, 2017. Aditional classes will be offered in 2018 from January to April, but you are encouraged to schedule and take you classes in this first rotation. As usual, many of our classes also provide certificates in PA, MD, and NJ (as noted on the registration form).
Cost is $40 member/$50 non-member - but discounted to $35/$45 if you register and pay at least one (1) month in advance (Janary 11 for the Feb. 8 classes.)
NOTE: PA and MD have new Agency requirements (covered on Feb. 8) and NJ licensees need to finish up their credits by 4/30 to 6/30/17.
- Feb. 8 - 8:30 a.m. - Agency - PA (new requirement), MD (for commercial licensees), NJ (core/required).
- Feb. 8 - 1:30 p.m. - Agency - DE (Mod. 7), MD (for residential licensees).
- April 12 - 8:30 a.m. - Fair Housing - DE (Mod. 1), PA elective, NJ (core/required), MD (1.5 required/1.5 elective).
- April 12 - 1:30 p.m. - Contracts / Contract Law - DE (Mod. 3), PA elective, NJ (core/required), MD elective.
- May 10 - 8:30 a.m. - Ethical Practice - DE (Mod. 2), PA elective, NJ (2.0 core/required), MD required.
- May 10 - 1:30 p.m. - Risk Reduction - DE (Mod. 4), PA elective, NJ elective, MD elective.
- October 11 - 8:30 a.m. - Property Management - DE (Mod. 6), PA elective, MD elective (no NJ)
- October 11 - 1:30 p.m. - Legislative Update- DE (Mod. 5), PA elective, MD required (no NJ)
- More classes in 2018 TBA shortly.
Meet our New Members
Please welcome our new members when you see them, or reach out to them (emails provided below, or check our Search Directory online for all contact information)
- Shane Serpico, Collins Business System - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim Magnatta, OPS Security Group - email@example.com
- Lin Shrack, Burke Painting & Coatings - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scott Schaffer, TD Bank - email@example.com
- Chairman, Jim Manna, BrightFields
Meet our Board of DIrectors
We thank our Board of Directors for all they do.
From left: Legislative Lobbyist Scott Kidner, Jim Manna, Barry Snyder, Benjamin Berger, Carmen Facciolo, Bert Root, Greg Ellis, Jeremy Abelson, Tim Cole, Jim O'Hara Jr., and (not shown): Don Robitzer, Cindy Flemng, Rob Stenta, John Birmingham and Rachael Justice.
Membership Committee ... Always on the Job!
Our Membership Committee members are always on the job: meeting and vetting new members for CIRC.
Our "core" membership is real estate licensees...so if you know of someone not currently a member, please invite them to attend and join!
From Left: Janet Pippert, Marvin Sachs, Bert Root, Greg Ellis, Susan Miller, Lorraine Sheldon, Chairman Jim Manna, and Tim Cole.
CIRC Holiday Party was full of Naughty Fun!
Thanks to Pat Forester, with Photo Sponsor Sonitrol Security of Delaware Valley, and Mrs. Santa's helper, Anthony Santoro, of DiamondState Photography, a lot of Naughty and Nice behaviour was caught on film!
Lots of Nice people brought donations for the Food Bank of Delaware's food pantry, and donated lots of money to our charity, the Boys and Girls Clubs of Delaware.
See more of our Nice and Naughty attendees.
Visit us on Facebook
Visit us on Facebook for more of our Naughty but Nice members.
CIRC- Commercial Industrial Realty Council Facebook page