CIRC December 13 Holiday Networking Lunch
Inside this Issue
- Raffle Prize Donations being sought - Get well-deserved recognition!
- Register today for Dec. 13 Holiday Luncheon!
- Smile. Say CHEESE!
- Early Bird Membership Renewal good thru December 31, 2017
- Continuing Education - Round II - Begins January 10
- Joint Dinner Sponsors our Key to Success!
- Meet Joint Dinner Association Presidents
- New Member Welcome at December 13 Holiday Luncheon
- Calendar of Upcoming CIRC Events
SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW
Raffle Prize Sponsors
Thank you for your Raffle Prize donation... all for a good cause. The Boys & Girls Clubs will receive donations from our raffle ticket sales.
Thank you donors:
- Herb Hirzel of City Window Cleaning - Harry's Gift Card ($100.00)
- Dee Cairo of Excel Business Systems - KYOCERA Knife Set ($80.00)
- Don Robitzer of The Commonwealth Group - Hearth Kitchen, Kennett Square Gift Card ($50.00)
- Don Robitzer of The Commonwealth Group - Cocina Lolo, Wilmington Gift Card ($50.00)
- Kristin Marinelli of KLM Consulting (new member) - Willey Farms Fruit & Nut Basket
- Mike Marinelli of Marinelli Contracting - Willey Farms Fruit & Nut Basket
- Steve Burnett of IFS Insurance - Skipjack Dining, Newark Gift Card ($100.00)
- Charlie Tomlinson of Today Media - Quarter page ad in Delaware Business Times + $100 credit toward any DBT Digital product. (Total value = $1,450)
- Thomas Hanna of Harvey Hanna & Associates - Basket of Beer & Cheer!
* Would you like to make a donation too? You will receive name and logo recognition! Please send me your ideas - Janet@circdelaware.org and bring donation next Wednesday.
December 13 (Wed.) Holiday Networking Luncheon
Register NOW for our festive holiday networking luncheon:
Wednesday, December 13
11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
UNIVERSITY & WHIST CLUB
805 N. Broom Street, Wilmington, DE
*Bring a nonperishable food donation to benefit the Food Bank of Delaware. Raffle Tickets will be sold (to win Cash and Door Prizes) proceeds will benefit the Claymont Boys & Girls Clubs / Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware.
Register using link below, or click HERE
Have you registered? Click here to see who has registered.
Our photo sponsor, Sonitrol Security of Delaware Valley, is teaming up with DiamondState Photography again this year for fun holiday photos. Wear your holiday best... and SMILE for the camera. :-)
2018 Membership Renewal Early-Bird Special thru 12/31/17
CIRC annual dues will remain $80 for CY 2018.
Early-Bird Renewal Rate: If paying by December 31, 2017, current members may renewal for only $70 (a $10 discount!).
How to renew:
- Online. Goto Membership/Renewal Form - www.circdelaware.org/renewal - login to renew online.
- By check payable to CIRC - bring to Dec. 13 luncheon (may include lunch + dues), or mail to CIRC.
- Request an invoice from Janet to be sent from our accounting system.
Thank you for your early renewal!
Continuing Education - Classes Begin Janauary 10
We will begin offering a NEW series of eight continuing education classes beginning on January 10 and finishing on April 11, 2018 to meet some or all of your licensing renewal continuing education needs.
- New Jersey licensees - This is now a new licensing period, so you may wish to take classes now that will apply to your next renewal period.
- Jan. 10, morning class is a CORE course for NJ
- Maryland licensees - Depending upon your renewal date, you may be able to take classes now that will apply to your next renewal period.
- Jan. 10 morning class is MREC Agency-Commercial and afternoon is Agency-Residential
- Pennsylvania licensees
- January 10, 2018 (8:30 a.m.) Agency class meets the *NEW* PA course requirements
- Delaware licensees - All seven modules (1-7, inclusive) are needed by April 30, 2018.
Register for upcoming Real Estate Continuing Education Classes using the link below, or click HERE now.
Download a PDF of the full Class Schedule HERE
If you are registering for multiple days' classes, please feel free to request an invoice from Janet@circdelaware.org
Joint Dinner a Big Success
We had a GREAT time at our Annual Joint Dinner at Harry's Savoy on November 16.
Thank you to our sponsors, real estate Associations and members that attended, representing:
- SIOR (Society of Industrial and Office REALTORS)
- CCIM (Commercial Certified Investment Manager)
- Commercial Chapter SWRA (Suburban West REALTORS Association)
- DREW (Delaware Real Estate Women)
- CIRC (Commercial-Industrial Realty Council)
Our keynote speaker, Brian Cohen of Liberty Property Trust, gave an absolutely awesome presentation with amazing photos and details of projects they are working on in the Philadelphia-Camden region. Topics covered included the following (this was one you really didn't want to miss!)
- Comcast Technology Center, a 60-story, high-tech building being built in Center City
- The Navy Yard
- Amazon RFP Process
Joint Dinner Association Leaders
- Steve Willems, SIOR - SIOR Philadelphia Chapter (President)
- Donald Robitzer - CIRC (President)
- Craig Fernsler, CCIM, GRI, SRES - Commercial Chapter SWRA Advisory (Council & Board Director)
- Rachel Lindeman - DREW (President)
- Jay White, MAI, CRE - Appraisal Institute of Delaware (President)
- Jeffrey Hoffman, CRX, CCIM - PA/NJ/DE CCIM Chapter (President) (not shown)
New Member Welcome
The Membership Committee, led by Jim Manna of BrightFields, held their fourth quarter membership approval meeting last week and are pleased to approve memberships for those interested in joining. We hope to introduce these new members at the December 13 holiday luncheon and get a group photo of those present:
Eliot Dalton - Affiliate of The B&B Team®
Shane Malek - Secure Management, Inc.
Kristin Marinelli - KLM Consulting
Brent Miller - SVN | Miller Commercial Real Estate
William Minster - Patterson-Woods & Associates
Clifford Mitchell, PE - Karins and Associates, Inc.
Tim Paul - SVN | Miller Commercial Real Estate
CIRC Upcoming Events - SAVE THE DATE
December 13 (Wed.)
Holiday Networking Luncheon at University & Whist Club (REGISTER NOW)
January 10, 2018 (Wed.)
Lunch Meeting Topic: Real Estate Capital Markets at The Belle
Continuing Education (Agency/PA/MD * Mod. 7 DE/MD)
February 14, 2018 (Wed.)
Lunch Meeting Topic: Delaware Fiber Network Project
Continuing Education (Mod. 1 * Mod. 3)
March 14, 2018 (Wed.)
Lunch Meeting Topic: Riverfront Wilmington Update
Continuing Education (Mod. 2 * Mod. 4)
April 11, 2018 (Wed.)
Lunch Meeting Topic: TBA
Continuing Education (Mod. 5 * Mod. 6)
May 9, 2018 (Wed.)
Lunch Meeting / Annual Meeting & Elections
June 25, 2018 (Mon.)
Annual Golf Outing - Hartefeld National Golf Club